Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Nova Scotia Part 2

Hello readers,

I'd tell you where I am right now, but I have no clue. All I know is that we're on a high way in the lovely province of Nova Scotia. We're on the move though, never spending two nights in the same city. We spent a night in Grand Falls, New Brunswick, a night in Chocolate Lake, Nova Scotia, and now, we're heading towards Moncton, New Brunswick. Tomorrow we'll be in Alma, New Brunswick. It's right in the middle of Fundy National Park. We booked a night on a ranch and we're scheduled for four hours of horse back riding tomorrow. On Friday, we'll be leaving the maritimes and spending the night in Quebec City, followed by Montreal on Saturday before heading home.

Well, as of today, I can say that I've touched the Atlantic Ocean! Another thing to cross off of my bucket list. And might I say, boy was it cold!

Monday was a pretty exciting day, too, because we got to have three meals in the same day but in three different provinces. Casselman, Ontario, Lévis, Québec, and Grand Falls, New Brunswick.

Here's a list of things that I've learned so far on this trip:
1) When forced to travel with younger siblings, giving them lots and lots of Gravol is your best hope for survival.
2) New Brunswick is Canada's only bilingual province; watch what you say and who's around when you say it.
3) Halifax has many pubs that are open late, even after most other restaurants are closed. When looking for food, remember that their liquor license prohibits them from seating minors after 9PM - if you're hungry, don't bring your younger siblings.
4) The Appalachian Mountain Range is on of the most beautiful parts on New Brunswick.
5) When traveling to a busy city, make hotel reservations in advance if you have a big family. If you don't, someone might have to sleep on the floor, and that someone might be you.
6) Leaving your knee brace in the car when you know that you have a knee injury is never a good idea, especially when walking through the Halifax Harbour.
7) Also, don't wear skirts in the Harbour; it's windy.
8) It rains a lot in the Maritimes, so don't decide to go for a walk.
9) When you cross the border into New Brunswick, you enter a new time zone. Don't panic when you get into the hotel room an hour later than it was when you left your car five minutes ago.
10) Writing a book is impossible to do on a road trip.

I have made no progress at all. As much as I hate to admit it, it's true. All of my time has been spent on the road, in restaurants, or asleep. Today was the only day that I got a break from that, and I spent it touring Halifax and visiting gift shops.

Well, I must go before I start getting car sick. Just kidding, I need to go before I fall asleep and drop my iPhone. Thanks for stopping in. Remember to follow me on Twitter @DianaK_books for more frequent updates. It's back to business on Sunday for the final stretch. I'll see you all back here next Tuesday!

Love you,
Di

No comments:

Post a Comment