Tuesday, August 7, 2012

I'M SORRY!

I know, I know, I skipped a week! It's been bothering me up until today, but I swear that I have a good reason!


I got this little guy last week and he's been keeping me busy all week. His name is Timbit and he's just a little over two month old. He's a cross between a Yorkie and a Maltese, and he is just the cutest thing ever! I haven't even had time to pick up my computer to do anything, let alone to blog. I have, however, still been working on Treason; I'm just writing everything out by hand. One day I'll have to type it all up, but for the moment, it's just easier to stick with pen and paper. 

I am verging on thirty-thousand words, and the story is really starting to pick up pace. I have to be honest, though, I'm still not really sticking to my schedule. Not only has the puppy put me behind, but I also realized that I left out a really important part when I was planning everything, so I needed to add a few extra days to be able to come up with ideas and write it out. Someday I'll get it done. Hopefully soon. 

I haven't really been up to much besides working, eating, sleeping and writing. I don't know which I've been doing more, but I know that I haven't had a free minute in weeks. I'm so tired that I can't even begin to concentrate on what I'm doing. At work on Sunday, I set the toaster on fire. Yesterday, I broke a pile of dishes and dropped cake on my shoes. Something tells me that this is not going to be my week. 

I wrote a short story last night before falling asleep because I had nothing better to do. Read it and let me know what you think?

A million thoughts race through your head, a million moments. It's been a year. An entire year has gone by since your life changed. A year filled with laughter, tears, heartbreak, and happiness. A year filled with him. When it happened, it was like a bolt of lightning striking the Earth: fast and dangerous. It was like a river leaving it's bed: overtaking. But at the same time, it was like lava: slowly becoming hard and solid.

The lightning hit first, the very first day that you saw him. All you could see were eyes and a smile, all you could hear was a gentle laugh and a teasing voice, all you could feel was your heart slamming against your chest, trying to break free. That was summer.

As fall came along, things changed. You changed. You were more daring in the fall, more comfortable and more willing to take chances. In the fall, the teasing comments and raised voices turned into deeper conversations. There was no more of the constant insulting and arguing. She was gone, and he had changed. Like the trees, you were also shedding your old leaves, leaving yourselves bare and exposed to the harsher days ahead. 

Winter brought short days, cold, dark nights, and pain. She was back, but only to tease. He ran back to her, to shelter, and you were left alone to bare December's iciness. 

As the days got longer, things looked brighter. You were trying to grow new leaves, to move on. You couldn't, though. Leaves need not only water, but also sunlight to grow. You were trying to run away from your sunlight. Happiness blossomed like May flowers when you returned to his side. Everything was back to normal and the wheel of the year was once again in motion. Thoughts of him flooded through you. 

Now, as yet another summer comes to an end, you have become lava: not yet rock, not yet solid, but sure to transform soon. Summer has brought happiness beyond belief, comfort, and safety. Summer has brought change and yet reminded you that you are all still the same. Summer has brought growth. Summer has brought magic.

Copyright © 2012 by Diana Knight

So that's that. That's what I come up with a one in the morning when thoughts are chasing each other around my head. Albeit, it might have been due to the country music that was playing. I'll let you be the judge.

Well, I'm off. I really do need to get back to work. I hope that you have had a good week and that this one coming up will be just as good. Thank you for stopping in, and I'll try to be more on time with my postings!

XO
Diana

This week's song is Wide Awake by Katy Perry just because. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment