Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Getting There ... Slowly

Hi, readers!

I'm going to make this a short one for a few reasons. I am running out of time (my final deadline for Treason is September 1) and time is going by too fast. Can it really already be the 14th?! That's insane. I have 17 days left to write twenty-five thousand words. Well, let's make that fifteen, twenty if I'm lucky. My final goal is sixty, but this is just the first draft. It'll get longer once I go back and add some more information.

How far am I? Thirty-five thousand words into the story, and it's about to get really interesting. Right now, it's at exactly one hundred and fifty pages on Microsoft Word. I almost hope to be able to double that. I really need to get back to work, but since this post is so short, I'll leave you with an excerpt from Promise.


 “I’m going to miss you,” she said, kissing my cheek.
“I’ll miss you, too,” I said.
“You’ll be careful, right?”
“Yes, Mom.”
“And you’ll make sure that you have fun?”
“Yes, Mom.”
“And if you come back pregnant, you know I won’t be pleased, right?” she joked.
We both laughed.
“You don’t have to worry about that, Mom. Who would want to get me pregnant anyway?” My voice trailed off.
“Oh, honey, forget about Alex. This is your summer. Go on, and go have the time of your life.”
“I will, Mom. I promise. See you in two months!”
“Goodbye, sweetie,” she said, hugging me tighter.

Copyright © 2012 by Diana Knight

Have a good week, and I hope to see you all back here next Tuesday!

Diana
xo

This week's song is International Love by Pitbull feat. Chris Brown because I love the beat. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment