Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Treason

I know, I've skipped another week, but I have an even better reason! I'm done Treason! That's right, the first draft is finally complete! It took lots of work and long hours, but I have written a novel in four months. I'm so happy to have accomplished something this big. Writing a novel is one thing, writing two is a whole different story. No pun intended.

I started on May 14, 2012 and on September 2nd, I wrote my 51,545th word. I know that it's not nearly as long as Promise, but you have to remember that the first instalment of the PTSD series is in it's near final draft, and I've been working on it for four years. Once I start editing Treason, the word count will go up.

I'm looking into a new novel writing technique for Sacrifice called the snowflake method. I'm hoping that it will help me reach my word count a little faster, and hopefully it'll also be a little easier to follow than my cue cards. They were handy when it came to focusing on one idea at a time and not getting carried away, but they also made the novel seem a little choppy, without very much transition between the ideas. That's something that I need to fix in the editing process.

Anyway, I must already be off. I've been awake since four-thirty this morning, and I'm getting a little tired. I hope that everything has been going well for all of you, and I hope to be update you soon as feedback for Promise slowly trickles in.

Have a good week, and happy belated Labour day to my readers in Canada and the United States!

Love,
Diana

This week's song is Fix A Heart by Demi Lovato


No comments:

Post a Comment